However, be very careful with these clays if you have sensitive skin. Probably, regular use of White Kaolin clay would be more suitable for your skin, and it will also help you to treat all kinds of blemishes.
Anti-Acne Clay Facial Mask Recipe:
Mix 1 tbsp (1/2 oz) of cosmetic clay with 1-2 tsp of water with your finger (do not use metal!) to form a paste.
Apply the mask to your face for 10-15 minutes (avoid eyes and lips area).
Remove the mask with warm water, rinse with cool water, use a toner and moisturize as usual.
You can modify your anti-acne and detoxifying clay mask by:
- using green tea or plain yogurt instead of water;
- adding a few drops of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice;
- adding 2-3 drops of essential oils: tea tree, lavender, bergamot, jasmine, sandalwood, lemon, grapefruit, and ylang- ylang are the most popular to clean out bacteria and keep any open acne from infection.
- 1 tsp (1/4 oz) Black Kaolin clay
- 1 tsp mineral water or witch hazel hydrosol
- 1 drop each lavender, lemon, tea tree essential oils